4/2/09

Two Choices - Not Optional

"We have two choices:
- Be yourself and have alot of people dislike you and reject you for who you are.
- Or keep your head down and act like everyone else.

Some people have charisma and don't need to worry about this s**t. They are naturally normal and everyone likes them anyway, but bearly anyone has this. The first option has more ups and downs when I acted like myself. I had really, really happy times, but I also tried to kill myself twice. Now I would never ever consider killing myself, but my life is boring.
I have about two close friends and tons of people I don't even like who I call my friends and get drunk with every weekend. They would probably all hate me if they knew whi I really am. Like, I don't even know how to act like myself anymore. So what option is better? Does anyone else have this problem?"




I came across this thread on Gaia. Again, I shall post the replies which I find to be most captivating.









"Why do you care so much about what other people think about you?

That's the problem here, not you being "different" or 'normal'.
You sound exactly like all those kids who dress or act "differently" but with that comes an attitude. You expect everyone to hate you for being 'different' so you act like they do, when in reality of course some people don't like you, that's just how it is, but most people don't give a s**t about how you act or dress.

Then, you start acting and dressing a certain way so everyone will like you, but you feel like that's not what you like to be. So, you're upset yourself about that, and get depressed.

The problem is completely internal, and it's something you're going to have to learn to deal with, especially while you're still in high school. If who you want to be includes dressing a certain way and having a lot of friends, combine the two.

It's very possible, as long as you have the right attitude. "


- Blitzkrieg Beauty





"No, neither of those are options. If you're just yourself, that's all you are, yourself. You really demonize the general public.

Self confidence can do a lot in the way that people receive you.
'Acting like everyone else with your head down' doesn't do s**t and the people you talk about are probably 10x more confident than you. You're pretty self centered to think people are watching and judging you for the way you dress or act, huh?

No one gives a s**t, and it's all in your head. By the way, what you're going at isn't 'different' at all, because there's just as many kids trying to be 'different'
just like you. You're not special."




- katie thinks pink





"I act like myself. If someone doesn't like it, oh well. (You overly-sensitive folk who hate me probably didn't understand what the hell I said, anyway. Yes, that refers to a specific group of people on gaia.) That, and I'm too lazy to bother acting like anyone else."




- merixthexninja



No comments: