2/7/19

Relaxation + Boredom



So, apparently, I won't be going back to school till this summer or this fall. Which means I have plenty of my hours to spend time doing nothing but leisurely activities. The main problem is which school I'm going to go to. I've been meaning to go to go to CSUB (California State University of Bakersfield), but it seems I won't be able to afford it since the FAFSA government financial support doesn't cover the course with that many units. So I asked my mom if we could try San Joaquin. Turns out, they do have a course for Pharmacy Tech. But the details remain rather ambiguous, so we had to mail them to inquire about further details. The mail arrived a few days ago, and I forwarded it to my mom's email so she would also see what they had to say. But I have to say, I never thought finding a good school that's still affordable could be so difficult. Now I understand what my grandmother had to go through when she could no longer afford to send me to college. And I've also switched courses so many times, I just don't know if I can mentally afford another switch. And I've also been thinking if being a Pharmacy Technician is what I really want to do with my life. So many choices to make, so little time! Also, I've been contemplating how many of my old friends here in the US I want to reinvite to my Facebook. How much of my old life should I recover? I'm rather against having too many friends on Facebook. What I want to do is to keep the people I've been closest to and to keep random people I've never met away from my friendslist. Then there are those people I have on Discord, which is another matter entirely. Anyway, I'm still trying to put the pieces of my life here in America together. Point is, I need to get stuff done, even if its just a social standpoint for now. I've been bored to death mostly. Just spending time infront of the comp while I wait for my family to come home around 5:30PM. I have alot of things to cover with them, including renewing my bank account and trying to fix my ceiling light and camera for my laptop.

My dad keeps telling me I don't know how to do anything by myself for crap, but I intend to prove him wrong. What I have to do is try to learn things one at a time. But my dad talks as if the process of being independent and well-settled happens without anyone to teach me. He expects me to figure things out myself, which isn't unreasonable, but the fact that he refuses to be less hands-on about it shows how much he lacks patience and practical perspectives. Mom is mom about it. I've been doing alot of things during my spare time, including spending time with my siblings. Turns out, my little sister likes 'Card Captor Sakura' and is afraid of 'Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress'. Which is to be expect, but that didn't stop her from watching the final episode of Kabaneri. I'm pleased to say that rewatching these shows have helped me keep in touch with my inner otaku, and I am happy enough here when I spend time with them. I love my family, no matter how different our opinions and points of views are. Though it would be nice if I didn't have to wait around to get things done. Other than wait till they get home, I interact with the cats that live indoors with us. I feed them, pet them and let them out if they ask it of me. Though only 2/3 of the cats go outside. The youngest cat, Charlie, is an indoors cat while the other two (Moshi and MingMing) go outside every once in a while. I also try to remember to feed the dogs, who live in our backyard. They always come running when I open the backdoor to feed them. Good thing its winter, too. Since there's less to almost no ants to raid and eat their food. I content myself with listening to music and just playing games on the iPad. I've been meaning to transfer one of my games to a new device since it keeps blacking out when I try to play it, so I have to remove and reinstall it. Very annoying. They should be able to transfer it now.

So, yes, I've been pretty much isolated and lonely during my entire time here. Sometimes I would forget to eat, so I make something for myself. But most of the time, I just chat with people on the various social medias I'm in. I've been especially considering actually using my Instagram. But I need a better camera and some creative juices.

No comments: