1/16/18

Catching Up



There are a ton of things to tell.
Here is My List:
- I got a hemorrhoidectomy.
- We won a flat-screen TV from the Lotto.
- I got pet turtles now.
- Been roleplaying on Gaia nowadays.
- Got into Western music.

#1

Nothing beats the open skies. Seeing a clear-blue backdrop that changes to a gloomy-grey one almost immediately makes me wish I was back in California this very second. I can have several days of not bathing and still not stink of human sweat and other bodily fluids (that's how I keep my scalp from going dry and flaky). Though as rancid as it sounds, I do enjoy 2-hour-long baths. I know, very excessive. But, I can't help washing my hair languidly with shampoo and conditioner as much as the next person. It makes me feel great as opposed to feeling like the time I got my hemorrhoids removed. That was definitely not a fun time. A couple of years ago that's exactly what happened to me. I couldn't take feeling pain from within any longer, and after failing to expel waste I had to go in for a checkup regarding my hemorrhoids. I've been able to bear the pain up until then, but I have never experienced the instance where I couldn't use the toilet altogether. That's when I realized there was something really, really wrong. It turned out the damn thing swelled and had to be removed. While the doctor was describing to me what he was going to do to to remove it, I simply couldn't help myself and asked, "Why not just remove all three of them?". Then he began telling me how the skin needed something to hold onto so that the lining doesn't get too thin. I nodded passively in agreement. Yet the funny part wasn't the immense pain due to the fact that hemorrhoidectomy is one of the most painful operations, or the fact that I absolutely had no one to tell my misfortunes to, and not even when my dad had to pay the full price for such a surgery. It was after the surgery when it was all over and done with was when the doctor told me he ended-up deciding to remove all three dangling pieces of flesh that stretched and tore whenever I had to go. My face turned stone-cold from the shock of what he told me: "I took out all three of them!" with a hearty chuckle. That was probably the most silent and expressionless form of shock I had ever expressed.

#2

The next one is about the time I won a TV from the Lotto. We play the Lotto on a regular and annual basis, but this was the first time we had ever actually won something. I had absolutely no hand in it, however, as I was not actually there when we were supposed to write our names down and throw it into the wooden box. It was a mere coincidence that they just so happened to grab a ticket with my name in it; courtesy of my grandfather Buddy who signed them and placed my name in one of them. You can imagine my surprise when they came home with a heavy box that contained the '24E2000D' 24-inch Skyworth LED TY. My grandpa called me a 'lucky girl' and then proceeded to tell his friends and co-workers that HE won it instead. Not that it bothered me, since I wasn't even aware that they had written down my name for me instead of their own. So, in way, he really did have a reason to brag.

#3

The next on my list is about my new pets. I had bought 5 regular-sized turtles for 100 pesos each, and I have named them 'Landon', 'Twilight', 'Brock', 'Citronella' and 'Akata' respectively. Shortly after getting them accustomed to their new home, my grandpa Buddy bought me two more miniature turtles for my room since I kept my original 5 in a laundry basket in my bathroom. But the little buggers figured out how to climb it and so I had to find another way to house them without them escaping to the dusty closet room or the treacherous roads outside the residential lot where they could be crushed by cars or (worse) stolen. I ended-up using a slab of concrete that lay around in our lot. It was a solid, circular basin that was around 1-and-a-half meters in diameter. It was perfect for five homely turtles, and the wall was tall enough so they wouldn't escape. But just when I thought I didn't have to deal with turtle poop in my bathroom anymore, one of the male turtles began attacking the others. The other turtles ended up with bit marks and skinned tears around their necks, and they began fighting alot which resulted in the aggressive turtle receiving a whole lot of wounds as well. There was no blood, but I hated seeing them so unhappy and unable to feed because of Landon (the mean one). So, I had to isolate him in the old laundry basket while everyone else was free to roam their little enclosure. And, sadly, one of my miniature turtles died after seeing him starting to float on his side for months on end. I wish I had him checked in; maybe then the poor thing would still be with us.

I feed them leftover fish and shrimp, aswell as the usual pellets regularly. I love feeding them green things every now and then, too.

#4

The next is about my Roleplaying. Recently I've been having this need to escape reality and do something interesting. School had me all stressed. And what do I do? I go online and play Roleplays on Gaia. I know, sounds very boring. But from my point of view I have the chance to write an amazing story along with other members of that site. It's actually one of my favorite things to do other than take care of animals or watching fascinating documentaries. There were very few Rolpelays I actually wanted to enter, but when I do I stick to it till' the very bitter end. I guess I'm just a die-hard RP'er. So far, the RP's I really got into were "Testing Fate" by _Sally_Skelinton and "Creation" by Xelyn_X13. The first one is a fantasy-based RP that involved the struggle between Light (Avriel) V.S. Dark (Drow) Elves and they have to fight against a common enemy hidden in their midst. The second one is more recent and involved a crew of spacegoers on the ship called 'The Horizon' and they have to reach their destination which is a planet off of this solar system in order for them to colonize it. What I love most about RP'ing is that you never know what to expect. Sure, there's tons of planning and plotting that goes into the RP, but other than that I love how you absolutely have no idea what could happen next and what sort of destiny that awaits you and everyone else's characters. The thing I like about it is that you get to interact with other people who are in the same boat as you. Sometimes you disagree with them and that your idea of 'fun' may not be the same as theirs, but in the end you're all in it together, and you never know how far you can go.

#5

I love both East and Western music. Fusions are just as good, too. Aside from my previous interest in Japanese music, I am slowly starting to appreciate Western music. It's beats and rhythms are so different from my previous obsession, although J-Pop will always hold a special place in my heart for keeping my interest for so long. I still listen every now and then, but I have really begun to listen to American pop classics such as "Backstreet Boys" and "Evanescence" and many others. They were the bands of my childhood, and I'm only beginning to see how much I've missed them and how much they matter to me in a artistic perspective.

That concludes my list. I hope you enjoyed my stories.

No comments: