2/12/18

My Sister & Turtles

" Promote existence of joy rather than imagining joy in mere existence. "


I also have another important thing to note as a way to catch-up on so many years of being absent from this blog. I am now a big sister to my younger sister, Julienne Eve. She was born around December and I love her to death. She is around atleast 20-years younger than me. She likes to call me 'sissy' and people are having a hard time understanding her baby-talk so I talk to her myself and I seemed to be able to understand her. For the most part. She has these chubby cheeks and a tannish skintone aswell as long fingers and a talks with a slight slight lisp. She cried whenever I disappear from our webcam chats and she always tells me she misses me. I love her like I love my brother 'Drey' and my parents always gives her an iPad which she always breaks so they have to replace the screen repeatedly. I want to spend time with her the more I realize how much I miss her. Children are at the most impressionable when they're young and sensitive, so I want to be able to give her a notable childhood by spending time with her. I wonder what it's like to see the world in the eyes of a child. It's been a while since I tried to remember the feeling of being so young. Anyway, I have to be around her if I can get back to the U.S. since I'm probably going to live with my parents again and I hope she doesn't forget about me.

I have less than a few months of staying here in Iloilo. I have no idea if I'm supposed to take a certain class just so I don't have to repeat it. I want to finish as much as I can so I can spend time with me younger siblings. Though I have no idea what it's like to live with children since I have been an only child for 14-years till my brother was born. It should be an interesting experience to be the big sister and keep them safe and happy and well-fed. That's the good news. the bad news is that I can't take my turtles with me. I have been hoping they would allow me tp bring them, but since they're considered an endangered species they have to stay in the Philippines. I am completely heart-broken by this since I have to leave them to other people to take care of them. My last turtle drowned because they placed too much water in the pale where it lived. I hope that doesn't happen to my current collection as they have their own little habitat made from concrete and that the water can be drained if it's too much. I'm more worried about who and what they will feed them since I won't be around.

I am not happy about leaving my pets here. But, atleast I get to see my family again. I don't want to say family is more important to my pets cause I try to keep my love the same for everyone, but I have no other choice since they can't be bought to the States.

No comments: