8/30/09

Tracing Lines




Hey peoples! (^_^)
It's amazing what a good, long 8-hour sleep can do to you! I'm as hyper as fuck. XD I, like, haven't slept straight in a horribly long while. I'd sleep at 3AM in the morning, waking up 2-3 hours later by 5AM; for some reason, being unable to get back to sleep --- only to find myself fainting in the afternoon and wide awake again on 6PM-7PM. Sometimes, I'd fall asleep by 10:30PM and rise drunken-fashioned around 12PM or even 4PM in the afternoon! DD: It's seriously not considered a normal sleeping pattern (or should I say patterns?). Maybe I really AM insomnia-induced.... (o__o)


Okay, enough talking about my various health problems. 8D
On this particular post, I'd like to talk about cartoon art styles (since I pretty much suck at drawing/sketching real-life faces or bodies, I do cartoons and anime instead). Even now, my drawings produce widely random results if I were to be left alone with a pencil and a piece of paper which is usually the reason why it comes out looking like shit. Basically, I wanna settle for a solid style --- and I wanna ingrain that style into my brain until it becomes permanently etched into my memory. My ideal preference of a 'good' style should be detailed, sketchy and anatomatically correct I really suck at bodies.






Anime Style::
(warning, large file!)


http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4388/gaiacommissionspart2byf.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9924/gaiacommissionbyfrogvam.jpg





There are many art styles out there. And I mean a LOT (even the ones which don't seem like a style to you). I needed just one, and I'd tweak that style a lil' bit. The links above show a rather mature and challenging anime style to imitate (well, for me, atleast XD). But I love the sketchiness, the overall face structure and body positions. THAT'S how I want my drawings to look. If I could find the right mood to practice doing these, I just might be on my way to creating an original-looking character, which I'd typically scan and use them for whatever purpose I could come up with. At this point, I'm kinda just hoping my hands won't explode into puddles of sweat out of nerves when holding the pencil. (x__x)

Haha... Gambatte! :3


No comments: