8/17/09

Unexpectedly Expected





" I have never failed. I've simply found 10,000 ways that won't work. "




Okay, first off, I'd like to mention my dad is coming here by September 3 and we'll be leaving by the 15th. I seriously wanna finish all my RS before he comes here... if I don't, he'll kill me. I'm not kidding. (-__-) This was only recently mentioned to me last Saturday, I think. Hmm, do I believe in luck? Yes. And no. Do I believe in days where absolutely almost nothing goes right? Of course I do.


This week seemed like it was made of nothing else but pure bad luck, which was particularly influenced --- in part --- by my own stupidity. On Sunday, due to this incessant addiction for my own laptop, I spent the night before net surfing, studying and sorting out a few personal matters (which were about the only things that went nicely XD) till' 4AM in the morning. I woke up about 12:30PM, meaning I was pretty late. I rushed to the bathroom at snail speed, waking up due to a brief stinging sensation in both my eyes. I wasn' even sure I was physically conscious half the time I was rubbing soap on my arms. (o-o) I picked-out whichever outfit my blood-shot eyes would have allowed me to see and loosely slung my shoulder bag across myself. Then I discovered my olive-green Mead notebook missing, spending a good 15mins rummaging around the house for it. I didn't find it. And I was late. So, I took my black notebook instead and headed for my ex-school on my usual mode of transportation when I'm too tired/lazy to walk.


Psch. Even finding a decent trisikad on a hot, humid day proved quite a challenge. Another 5mins pass and apparently none of those BLIND drivers spotted me. I was, basically, baking under the sun. When one did, it already had a single passenger on it. They usually let two people ride, which might have made you think this was convenient for me. Wrong. You see, there are two points which I typically use to get to school: Point A is where you ride straight through the main road and out through the area where other trisikads wait for passengers. Point B is where you reach a halfway point on the main road, but go left through a dirtroad which directly leads you facing the ASIL campus. I usually take Point B, cause I have to walk the rest of the way whenever the driver is forced to take Point A.
And~, since there was a 2nd passenger (who happened to be this rather scary dude O_o), I had no other choice but to comply with the walking. Fuck sensitive skin. This unfortunate Monday led to no progress on my dwindled list of RS cause' my actual list (which is written inside the same green notebook I couldn't find) was apparently needed. Luckily, I typed a copy of this list on my blog.


On Tuesday, however, things went from bad to worst. My list of RS grew. How, you ask? Simple. I copied the WRONG list. The same list I bothered to re-copy the other day wasn't even the right one. From just 4 skills to 8 skills. *palmface* Turns out, they changed the order of skills this year. You have no idea how inconvenient that was for me. (e__e)
Adding to my load is a 50-item activity from my English subject. Well, I guess it's better than doing four tests. I'm allowed to do it at home, anyway. Arghh... talking about all my backlog is a really irritating thing to do. But work comes first, especially when your time and sanity has just about reached it's limit. (^__^)


No comments: